Knitted Farm Mats

What an awesome plaything for a child.
I first saw these when Mollie was a littlie and being a girl who loves her farm animals, I had to make one.
That was 5 years ago and since then, I have knitted 4 other farm playmat.
They are a series of knitted squares to represent paddocks on a farm.
knitted farmmat 1
(flower garden, corn field, paddock, pond in the middle, mud paddock, vegy garden bottom left)
I then knit strips to represent paths
knitted farmmat 1

and then I hand stitch the knitted farm puzzle together.
Backing them can be a bit tricky, sewing a stretchy knit to a woven fabric
knitted farm mat
We get there in the end.
They truely are a very special toy.
Mollie quite often made a farm house from our basket of blocks, got all her farm animal, people and played with it for hours.
Creating a special childhood treasure.

I am happy to make a knitted farmmat to people tastes.
Price $150 (postage not included)
They really a labour of love!

No comments:

Post a Comment